Beastly by Alex Flinn

Now although I finished a book about 10 minutes ago and it is indeed 2:15am as I'm writing this, its summer and I don't have anything to do tomorrow so I think I'm gonna read my next book until I get tired.
The next book I've chosen is:

ebook, 320 pages
Published October 6th 2009 
HarperCollins Publishers
Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Fairy tale re-telling

I am a beast.
A beast!
Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster.
You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll, stay this way forever ruined unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly.
                                                             
Yes I know I'm a little late, it's already been made into a movie and all, but I still haven't seen it. In fact, me finding out about the movie caused me to find out about the book. And of course I had to read the book before I watched the movie as well. So... here goes.

Letting the Pages of the Story, "Take Me Away"
*Review*

May 20, 2011- Even though the world is "ending tomorrow" (lol I laugh at that every time I hear that nonsense) I'm still here reading and surfing the web. And now, I've finally finshed this. I really liked this, but I'm not sure if it was because I'm a DIE HARD Beauty and the Beast fan already or because I genuinely loved the book.What further makes me love the book is the movie is just as good to me. It matched it more than alot of others I've read that have been made into movies. (Don't get me wrong, it does not match exactly,but its still close enough.) The book is like a perfect modern day rendition of my favorite fairy tale without being cheesy or using cheesy teenage dialouge. Everything from the roses, to the time limit he had, to the witch, to the castle he had, to him almost dying at the end is just as the fairy tale was. The only thning I did not like about the book was the randomness of the chat group. Although it was mentioned in the book that he had joined an online goup, I really think Flinn could've done without it. But still it was good. Lindy and Kyle (aka Adrian) have become another one of my favorite story couples.
Overall I give it **** (4 out of 5)

Labels: , ,