Numbers by Rachel Ward

Ok I have been looking everywhere for this book for cheap or to rent and I finally found it. I almost don't want to read it for fear that it will not be as good as I imagined it would be. But I'm putting those fears aside.


Paperback, 352 pages
January 5th 2009
The Chicken House
futuristic sci-fi

Whenever Jem meets someone new, no matter who, as soon as she
looks into their eyes, a number pops into her head. That number is a date: the date they will die.
Burdened with such an awful awareness, Jem avoids relationships. Until she meets Spider, another outsider, and takes a chance. But while they’re waiting to ride the Eye Ferris
wheel, Jem notices that all the other tourists in line flash the same number. Today’s number. Today’s date. Terrorists are going to attack London. Jem’s world is about to explode!

With that being said, you can probably see why I'm so excited to read this. I tend to like grisly stuff like this. The sprinkle of weird romance and the fact that's a series was enough to catch my attention.
Letting the Pages of the Story "Take me Away"

*Review*

May 23, 2011-Ok so I FLEW through this and I can't help but admit I was a litle disappointed. I was so hyped up on just the description of the story and had been wanting to read it for MONTHS and I just did not like it as much I thought I would. (It's been strange, those I didn't expect to like, I did and those I really thought I would, I didn't.) Jem is a weird character that sees the date of people's death and when she sees everyone has the same date at a ferris wheel she gets suspicious. This scene alone disappointed me and it was what the book was mainly centered around. The actaul description of the scene could've been so much bigger. I think that was my problem in the book. There wasn't enough detail. My overactive mind and imagination like details. It makes it easier to give myself a picture, or "take me away." Just saying. 
Overall, I give it ** (2 out of 5)  

Labels: ,