Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Hardcover, 260 pages
Published April 5th 2011
Dutton Juvenile
If I Stay #2
Source: Library

     It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
     Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.
     Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


*MY THOUGHTS*
This was a very moving story. I was blown away by the intense writing of Forman. It was so easy to connect to Adam's raw pain even though it was from a male POV. I loved the way it was written about the the one day they had together. And although it was about the few hours they were together, the story never got boring. I was able to feel every emotion in this story; happy mad, sad, everything. It was refreshing to feel the grief caused by love lost from a male POV instead of the usual female's. It was also refreshing to hear about a male being in love rather than a female. I hate to say this, but I loved reading about Adam and his broken heart. Forman is an AMAZING author. If you have not read If I Stay and this, you are definitely missing out.
Overall, I give this ***** (5 out of 5)

If I Stay by Gayle Forman


Just wanted to add some quotes because I <3 Adam but I already used him as my book boyfriend lol
-"MTV + Lifetime = Shark Bait."
-"Quitting's not hard. Deciding to quit is hard. Once you make that mental leap, the rest is easy." -Mia. "Really?  was that how you quit me?" -Adam
-"I know that unlike that night, tonight I won't kiss her. Or touch her. Or even see her up close.
Tonight, I'll listen. And that'll be enough."

Labels: ,