First Frost by Jennifer Estep

E-Book, 64 pages
Published: July 1, 2011
Kensington Publishing Corporation
Mythos Academy #0.5
Source: Own

     I am Gwen Frost, and I have a Gypsy gift. It's called psychometry - that's a fancy way of saying that I see images in my head and get flashes of other people's memories off almost everything I touch, even guys.
     My gift makes me kind of nosy. Okay, okay, maybe a lot nosy - to the point of obsession sometimes. I want to know everything about everyone around me. But even I don't want to know the secrets my friend Paige is hiding or the terrible loss that will send me to a new school - Mythos Academy, where the teachers aren't preparing us for SATs, but to battle Reapers of Chaos. Now I have no friends and no idea how my gift fits in with all these warrior whiz kids. The only thing I do know is that my life is never, ever going to be the same...

*MY THOUGHTS*
    Well, since this is only a short prequel, the "review" won't be long... Let's just say after reading this I was so happy to have the actual first book on deck because I was so intrigued by Gwen in those short 64 pages, and I wanted more! The premise was so gripping although it told a lot of which was in the first book versus what is in the actual prequel. But I did enjoy it though. So much so, that as soon as I turned off my Nook I picked up my copy of "Touch of Frost" and I was reading it at 4 am. It was just that good.
Overall, I give this ***** (5 out of 5)

Labels: , ,