Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

E-Book, 275 pages
Published September 1, 2009
Scholastic
The Hunger Games #2
Source: Nook's Lend Me (from Shenell)
For fans of: Dystopia, Post Apocalyptic, Romance

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in the Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves the victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster teens for a rebellion they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bulls eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol. Catching Fire maintains the the adrenaline rush of Suzanne Collins's launch series, The Hunger Games. 




*MY THOUGHTS*
     Although this book was riveting, I found myself thinking I was reading The Hunger Games all over again. I feel like it was just the same story, with a different twist this time. I wanted to just skip to the end, but I knew I would be reading the third book, but I didn't want any type of surprises, so I just went ahead and finished it. The only thing that really kept me reading was the surprise that came at the end of what seemed like every chapter. Collins knew what she was doing when she made even every chapter a bit of a cliffhanger.
     One thing I did like was how I went through every emotion in this book. I was able to put myself as Katniss once again. From Gale in the square, to Peeta in the arena, to seeing the reading of the Quarter Quell card on the tv, to the very end. *Warning* This book is definitely a tear jerker. And the end will leave your mouth hanging open and begging for more. For me to enjoy this is epic... I usually NEVER like the second installment to a series, but this book was so full of twists and turns that I had to keep reading it.
Overall, I give this **** ( 4 out of 5)

Labels: ,