Follow Friday & Fan Art Friday



Follow Friday is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Parajunkie's View and Alison Can Read. Each Friday there's a new topic/question which people answer and link up on Rachel or Alison's blog. It's a fun blog hop! Here's this week's question:

Q: Have you ever looked at book’s cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.



I know... This isn't YA.... But I couldn't really think of one that I just LOVED but didn't like the cover of.... So I'll just go with adult... But this book was the first book I read by James Patterson. My cousin was a fan of his and she told me every time she saw me that I needed to read his books. When I said I would, she knew I was just saying that to keep her quiet. I told her I don't like the cover and she said "What is on the outside has NOTHING to do with the awesomeness that's on the inside." (I'm one of those people that judge a book by its cover. If I don't like the cover, 9 times out of 10 I won't pick it up.) But finally she pulled it off her shelf and left it on my bed at my house for me to find. I finally gave it a shot and am now a total James Patterson fan girl lol This series of his is my favorite too. All the women doing all those different jobs is a little empowering to me. 

Fan Art Friday!
This meme is where I feature fan art that I've found on the internet of the book I'm currently reading or one that I just finished. I give credit to the artist who created it in the description because I am in no way, shape, or form an artist who draws or does digital graphics, so those that do need all the praise.


I haven't done this in a minute, but I have to now! I'm currently reading Anna and the French Kiss and I am in LOVE with St. Clair already lol I absolutely LOVE his sense of humor. Anyways, since I fell in love with him, I became obsessed with him... And since he's not on the cover of the book, I became obsessed with picturing him and seeing what other people thought he looked like. (Yes I was literally stalking a fictional boy on the internet smh) But then I came across this and I was like "Aww this is cute!" It was done by ~StrawberryKill who actually does alot of fan art for books. (Click her name to be taken to her devianART site.) I have instantly become a fan. I like the way she fashioned Anna and her pinched cheeks and the way St. Clair looks and the fact that it looks sort of "cartoony." That's how I picture him from his sense of humor. She did an awesome job on all the little details too. Great job! 

Labels: ,