Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

Hardcover, 320 pages
Published August 9th, 2011
Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Source: Library
For Fans of: Retellings, Supernatural, Romance, YA

The most tragic love story in history . . .
Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.
"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume."
—Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

*MY THOUGHTS*
When I first saw this, I was very anxious to read it. One of my favorite stories of all time is Romeo and Juliet and I knew that with a premise like this, there was no way Jay could disappoint. And disappoint she did not!

This story had a ton of surprises. There were alot of things that happened that I had no idea was coming. One thing is for sure, Jay definitely delivered with this book. Then, the surprises added onto the style of Jay's writing, it was a very great read.

I must admit, I was a little worried about it because like I said Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorite stories and there was ALOT  of hype surrounding it. I didn't want the book to end up a dud and ruin the classic love tale for me or for it not to come through like everyone said. But it was a very good, compelling story.

Lastly, I loved the characters. I loved seeing the many sides of them; from the nice side of them to their angry side. She was able to develop each one individually and some twice.
Overall, I give this *** (3 out of 5)

Labels: , , ,