Wherever You Go by Heather Davis

Hardback, 309 pages
Published November 14, 2011
Harcourt Children's Books
Source: Library
For fans of: Contemporary Romance, Ghosts, Paranormal


Seventeen-year-old Holly Mullen has felt lost and lonely ever since her boyfriend, Rob, died in a tragic accident. The fact that she has to spend most of her free time caring for her little sister and Alzheimer’s-stricken grandfather doesn’t help. But Holly has no idea that as she goes about her days, Rob’s ghost is watching over her. He isn’t happy when he sees his best friend, Jason, reach out to help Holly with her grandfather—but as a ghost, he can do nothing to stop it. Is his best friend really falling for his girlfriend?
     As Holly wonders whether to open her heart to Jason, the past comes back to haunt her. Her grandfather claims to be communicating with the ghost of Rob. Could the messages he has for Holly be real? And if so, how can the loved ones Rob left behind help his tortured soul make it to the other side?
     Told from the perspectives of Holly, Jason, and Rob,Wherever You Go is is a poignant story about making peace with the past, opening your heart to love, and finding the courage to move forward into the light.



*MY THOUGHTS*
     This book held a really great story. In many ways it reminded me of If I Stay by Gayle Foreman which I LOVED! It had all the romance, plus the ghostly kind of feel to it. In this story, author Heather Davis was able to describe in perfect detail the raw emotion that each character had. From the ghost of a boy Rob, to the lost girl after the accident Holly, to the love struck boy Jason, all the way to the Alzheimer's stricken grandfather Aldo. I was able to identify with each character and connect to them as if they were my own family. The emotions were so real and intense, that I found myself crying before I had even reached 100 pages. It was a great story of a lost love and finding the courage again to move on. 
     Another thing I loved was the actual way it was written. For a while I've been trying to make the switch to contemporary romance from the paranormal romance genre, but I couldn't find anything to make me want to switch. With the addition of Rob and his ghost in this story, it made it easy for me to get into the romance and not think about him being a ghost.
     The only thing I did not like about it, was the fact that the ending was terribly predictable. I pretty much knew everything as it came up. 
Overall, I give this *** (3 out of 5)



Labels: , ,