Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

Hardcover, 359 pages
Published March 22, 2011
Hyperion Book CH
Hex Hall #2
For fans of: YA, Paranormal Romance, Witches, Adventure


Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch. 
That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.
Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.
But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?


*MY THOUGHTS* 
     I just want to say that I was deathly afraid of this book because I am one of those people that usually seem to NEVER like the second book in a series. But I was interested to see where this book was going when I sat and read the first chapter in my local library. So like the first in the series, I gave it a chance and fell in LOVE
     Again, Rachel Hawkins developed every character perfectly. I felt connected to them all. Sophie's "snarkiness" was my absolute favorite part. She was still the funny character I loved. Archer, god Archer, I still loved him. And the whole forbidden love thing between them is still one of my favorite parts. Especially when it started heating up. And I was glad that Hawkins decided to bring James into the story. It was nice to see what he thought and how he dealt with being a demon. 
     As far as the predictability that was in the last book, there was none of that this time. After everything that happened, I found my mind whirling and me biting my fingernails like "OMG SERIOUSLY?!" Everything that happens in this book is nothing that you would expect. So, it may sound cliche, but "expect the unexpected." 
     The only thing that annoyed me with this book was the ridiculous cliff hanger.... And that's because I won't be able to get my hands on the next book until next week. I guess I shall just obsess over it and think up different things that might happen to Sophie lol 
     This series is a quickly turning into one of my favorites. If you haven't read it, what in the world are you waiting for?!
Overall, I give this 

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Labels: , , , ,