Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Nook Book, 251 pages
Published November 29th, 2011
Entangled Publishing
Lux Series #1
Source: Own
For fans of: YA, Fantasy, Romance, Aliens

Starting over sucks. 
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. 
And then he opened his mouth. 
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. 
The hot alien living next door marks me. 
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
If I don’t kill him first, that is.

*MY THOUGHTS*
     I finally broke down and got to see what all the fuss is about! And I am soooo mad at myself for being one of the last people on Earth to read it (no pun intended lol). I really loved this book. I know I won't be alone in saying that I was able to really connect with Katy, because of the books, the blog, her sarcastic nature, and of course, her love for the bad boy, Dameon. I had heard so much about him, and I admit I was a little put off by him being such a huge jerk, but then when I finally reached the reason WHY he acted that way, it was hard to be mad at him. 
     All the character's in Armentrout's story were fully developed and I liked them all. So much so, that I started thinking about who in real life did I know that acted like them. I put myself as Katy (because of the books and blogs duh) and started matching up the other characters to my friends and people I knew in the past. Obsessive much? Yes I know lol 
     The main thing I liked about the story was Armentrout's writing style. She made the story believable (in every way that it could) and her use of foreshadowing was amazing. Although I found myself anticipating when Dameon and Katy would actually start to "like" each other, I never found myself getting bored. Her wit and sarcasm was just what the story needed to keep it fresh. 
     The second huge thing that I liked about the story was the fact that it was about a creature very different than what the norm is. Not a vampire, a ghost, nor anything mythological, it was about an actual alien. I personally think it was a cool idea. And the fact that she was able to make an entire story over it and the idea was something that hadn't been done before showed her dedication to the story. With all the information she gave showed she spent a lot of time thinking up Dameon, his family, his enemies, and their world. I definitely cannot wait for Onyx. I'm soooo glad I waited until now to read it because there was no way I'd be able to wait as long as everyone else. 
Overall, I give this ***** (5 out of 5)


Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Labels: , , ,