Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

E-Book, 303 pages
Published May 1, 2012
By HarperCollins
The Sweet Trilogy #1
Source: Own
For fans of: Paranormal, Romance, Angels, Demons


 Embrace the Forbidden
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.
Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

*MY THOUGHTS*
     Well, let's just say it wasn't what I expected. But it was ok. Like it was an interesting twist to the while angel and demon thing that most people have written about. I loved how she incorporated the 7 Deadly Sins into it. It made for a very original story. Finding out all that the Dukes and the Nephilim did was very interesting. I also LOVED the cover. That was my main reason for buying it (bad I know, but it really was....) 
     What I didn't like was I kind of felt like it was a bit of information overload. Like I felt like the plot was dragging or I spent more of the book learning about all the characters than actually enjoying the story. I understand that most good stories have well developed characters, but sometimes I feel that there is too much info. Like I wasn't until the end when I was like "OMG these Dukes are creepy! I can't wait to find out what happens next!" and then it was over. But I can say this... It did leave me wanting the sequel. Only because I want to see if there will be more action in that one since I got most of the info out of the way in this book. 
     Lastly, although Anna wasn't one of my favorite characters (I was reallllly annoyed by her goody goodness... Part angel or not...), I did LOVE Kaidan. He's a Drummer and has a British accent! [Spoiler: Plus he's the son of the Duke of Lust! I mean come on!] I can't tell you the amount of times I imagined him looking at me with those bedroom eyes and then thought wait, how many other girls got the bedroom eyes tonight smh He really has me as conflicted as he does Anna. 
Overall, I give this 

     

Labels: , , ,