Hidden by Sophie Jordan

ARC, 262 pages
Release Date: September 11, 2012
Published by: HarperTeen
Firelight #3
Source: Own
For fans of: Action, Adventure, Draki, YA, Fantasy

Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.

*MY THOUGHTS*
    Having followed this series form the start, I was a little hesitant to read this book because I didn't want the series to end. I loved the first book and the second one sort of felt like a filler to me so I was a little nervous about this one. But once I began reading it, I knew I had nothing to worry about. 
     Hidden picks up right where the second novel in the series Vanish leaves off. Jacinda, Will, Tamra, and Cassian are trying to rescue Miriam from the Enkros before they can do any experiments or worse to her. Its obvious that Jacinda has grown since the first novel because she goes to help Miriam despite her feelings for her. She becomes the bigger person and does all she can to save her. 
     With this, the action begins soon as the book opens. I was on edge the ENTIRE time. I found myself upset because I had to put it down for sleep or work. Trust me when I tell you, the entire book is INTENSE. Throughout the whole thing I was feeling every type of emotion. I was upset, scared, excited; it was enough to give anyone an anxiety attack. 
     One thing I loved about the book though was the love triangle. Although it was "non-existent," Cassian and Jacinda are still bonded while Jacinda and Will are still in love. This is different from the "regular" love triangles, which is the reason why I liked it so much. 
     As the story goes on, it answers a lot of questions that Firelight and Vanish have put in place. Hidden is a thrilling conclusion to the Draki world and will definitely leave fans of the Firelight world satisfied. I look forward to Sophie's other YA books in the future!
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , ,