In Her Shoes #3


In Her Shoes is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Vanya at YA Story Teller. To participate, simply put yourself in the shoes of a heroine you've read about, and then talk about what you would do in her place, what you've learned from her, or what it was about her that you liked or didn't like. 

 image

     This week I chose Mia from the "If I Stay" series by Gayle Forman. In both stories Mia shows incredible strength. She endures so many things, some mental and some physical and she is still able to overcome it. In her shoes, I'm not sure I would have been able to go through it. One thing I've learned from her, is to never give up. Life is NEVER going to be easy, but if you just stop and give up, then you'll never experience the rest of things that life has to offer. 
     With that being said, Mia's character captivated me from the very beginning and I loved finiding out all about her, her relationship with Adam, her family, and in the second novel, some of her fans. I wouldn't change a single thing about her, besides taking some of her pain away. But without that pain, I fear she would  change and wouldn't be the Mia that we know and love. 

Have you read Mia's story? What did you think of it?