Crash by Nicole Williams

Nook Book, 543 pages (?)
Release Date: July 19th, 2012
Published by: Nicole Williams
Crash, #1
Source: Own
For fans of: Contemporary Romance, Chick-lit, New Adult, Goodie Two Shoes Girls with Bad Boys

Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now. 

Jude's everything she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of. 

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.

*MY THOUGHTS*
     This book gave me a lot of mixed feelings. I had heard so many things about Jude Ryder that I knew I had to meet him. So, I finally decided to dive head first into this story. What I got wasn't quite what I expected. 
     Lucy is a girl who is very sarcastic and will tell you how she feels in any kind of situation. She recently suffered through a trauma that causes her to think she is able to save any and everyone. This Superhero complex doesn't change, even when she meets broken and bruised Jude Ryder. Together they find out things about each other that makes them in turn more about themselves. They fall in love and ironically, they turn out to be closer than they ever thought. 
     What I enjoyed about the book was the writing. Every hot and steamy scene I was GLUED to. Williams really knows how to write a great love scene. She never went to far, but as a New Adult book, she gave us just enough. 
     But I had to imagine Jude they way I thought he should look. For some reason, I did not like the author's description of him. I felt Idk, just that he should be different in a way. He just didn't seem hot enough for me. Which is weird, because he definitely IS  a bad boy which I LOVED about him. 
     Another thing I didn't really enjoy, was the unrealistic situations in the book. There were some times when I found myself rolling my eyes and saying "Really?" I mean I know this is a book, but if you're going to label it "Realistic Fiction" and base it off a romance, at leasst make it believable. A lot of what was in this book would not have ever taken place in the real world. 
     What I did like though was the ending. I love how everything tied together. A couple of pages towards the end I felt like I had a lot of questions, but they were all answered in the end which I really enjoyed. 
     In the end, it was an enjoyable read, but it didn't quite tickle "my bad boy and goodie two shoes girl fancy..."
Overall, I give this 

    

Labels: , ,