City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Paperback, 453 pages
Release Date: January 1, 2008
Published by: Margaret K. McElderry Books
The Mortal Instruments, #2
Source: Own
For fans of: Various Creatures, Action, Adventure, Angels, Demons, Hot Literary guys

A murderer is loose in New York City ...

... and the victims are Downworlder children. Clary Fray and her fellow Shadowhunters have a strong suspicion that Valentine, Clary’s father, may be behind the killings. But if he is the murderer, then what’s his true motive? To make matters worse, the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, has been stolen, and the mysterious Inquisitor has arrived to investigate, with his eyes vigilantly targeted on Clary’s brother, Jace.

Clary will need to face some terrifying demons and even more terrifying family decisions. No one said that the life of a Shadowhunter would be easy.

*MY THOUGHTS*
In book two of the Mortal Instruments series, Clary is finally understanding the importance of her Shadowhunter’s duties. There are Downworlder children that are being murdered and removed of their blood and the team of Shadowhunters must find out the reasons behind it.
This will be a little hard to review, only because there is so much going on in the story. In the book we meet new characters and it adds on to the actual story of those characters from the previous book. What I liked about this, is the way Clare was able to bring them all together without making the story seem too strained. It flowed completely and didn’t make me feel overwhelmed.
I also enjoyed the pace that this book moved. With all the things that are going on in this, the plot has no choice but to be quick paced. The book is filled with action and I loved every bit of it.
And the ending!? Oh gosh, that was my favorite part.  From the “Aquatruck” on I was like GLUED to the book. I found myself reading it at work, at the dinner table, and anywhere else I could read it. Now I cannot wait to get my hands on City of Glass, the Mortal Instruments #3.
And call me strange, but another thing that I liked about this book was the new creatures we were introduced to. Like the demons? No lie, I was reading it with my eyes wide open and I could only read about them in the day time because the image I was getting of them all scared me lol I was also pretty scared of the fairies. I don't like how they are so sneaky and cunning. Even people like that make me nervous lol 
In short, City of Ashes is an impressive sequel to City of Bones. Clare brought life back to her fantasy world and made me once again, not want to leave it.
Overall, I give this 



Labels: , , , , , , ,