Everyday is Halloween: Day 8: Author Spotlight

Today marks Day 8 of 31 Days of Halloween and I would like to use today to spotlight one of my favorite authors in the horror genre. 

Call me crazy, but as a child in high school, I was one of those that read adult books because I hadn't discovered the beauty that is YA yet. And I wasn't reading just any adult books, I was reading stuff from the horror genre. My favorite author from that genre, was none other than the famous Stephen King. 

My 3 favorite books of his are as follows: 
  Carrie
    It: Yes the one with the clown. Very weird. I remember being too scared to sleep for a whole week. And this is where my Stephen King obsession began. Even though I couldn't sleep for a week straight after reading this, I still wanted to read every Stephen King novel ever written. Not because I wanted to scare myself silly, but because he was an amazing author. 
     Misery: The next book by him I read was given to me by my mother. She surprised me with it one day after school. I found it on my bed. She said she was trying to support my reading habit and move me into a higher reading level at the same time. I was all for it when I heard that the person in it was an author. After reading this, I began to wonder if he was really crazy? Or if he was you know, on drugs or something. Because this was just too weird. 
     Carrie: The last book I want to bring light to, is Carrie. I found that one at my local library book sale for $.05. I remember it being pretty beat up and the cover barely holding on. But I still wanted to give it a home anyway, because it fueled my obsession with him. Carrie was a lot different than what I had usually read, but I loved it all the same. And to make it better, I hadn't seen the movie yet, so I was able to go in and read it unbiased. The blood thing literally made me put down the book for two days. 

About Stephen King
Stephen Edwin King (born September 21, 1947) is an American author of contemporary horror, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy. His books have sold more than 350 million copies and have been adapted into a number of feature films, television movies and comic books. King has published 50 novels, including seven under the pen-name of Richard Bachman, and five non-fiction books. He has written nearly two hundred short stories, most of which have been collected in nine collections of short fiction. Many of his stories are set in his home state of Maine.
King has received Bram Stoker AwardsWorld Fantasy AwardsBritish Fantasy Society Awards, his novella The Way Station was aNebula Award novelette nominee,[10] and his short story "The Man in the Black Suit" received the O. Henry Award. In 2003, theNational Book Foundation awarded him the Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. He has also received awards for his contribution to literature for his whole career, such as the World Fantasy Award for Life Achievement (2004), the Canadian Booksellers Association Lifetime Achievement Award (2007) and the Grand Master Award from the Mystery Writers of America(2007). 
(Info from Wikipedia) 

If you haven't experienced anything written by Stephen King, you need to get on that ASAP! Don't sit and settle for the movies, trust me, they are not as good as the books. With the movies, you have to see what they want you to. With the books you get to use your own imagination. And books by Stephen King, your imagination is indeed the most important part.