Books to Movie: Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

BookToMovie
     So, I know this isn't normal to have a movie review on the blog, but I'm using this for the Books to Movies challenge I'm participating in! And although this particular movie isn't a book, the original IS, so we're going to just mash those up together lol So, without further ado, here is my review of Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.


     The only reason I wanted to go see this was because I was hoping for something as good as "Abe Lincoln: Vampire Slayer." I'm not sure why I got my hopes up. The story line was ok, but I'm not sure if it was because of the fairy tale it was based off or what. It showed Hansel and Gretel as grown up Witch Hunters. They continued to hunt and fight witches after what happened to them in the house made of candy when they were kids.
     As they fight the witches, the scenes are very bloody and violent. It seems like it would be disturbing for a child to watch. (Just FYI its Rated R) It also features some nudity. Now most times stuff like this wouldn't bother me, but when it looks COMPLETELY animated and its super obvious that its ALLLLL computer graphics, then i have a problem with it. The witches looked super fake and so did all the graphics. And with the blood spurting everywhere you could definitely tell. It seemed a little like a low budget film by the way the graphics looked.
     All in all, I wouldn't say that I didn't like it. I did of course like that it was based on a fairy tale and I LOVED the spin they put on it. I just didn't like that the graphics looked so fake. When you make a fantasy, one of the things you should focus on the most is the world building. So that way the reader/viewer can get the FULL effect of the world you are trying to portray to them!
Overall, I give this

Labels: