Middle Grade Monday: The 13 Story Treehouse by Andy Griffiths

ARC, 239
Release Date: April 16, 2013
Published by: Feiwel & Friends
Standalone
Source: Recieved from the Publisher
For fans of: Humor, Adventure, Middle Grades

Who wouldn't want to live in a treehouse? Especially a 13-story treehouse that has a bowling alley, a see-through swimming pool, a tank full of sharks, a library full of comics, a secret underground laboratory, a games room, self-making beds, vines you can swing on, a vegetable vaporizer and a marshmallow machine that follows you around and automatically shoots your favorite flavored marshmallows into your mouth whenever it discerns you're hungry.

Two new characters – Andy and Terry – live here, make books together, and have a series of completely nutty adventures. Because: ANYTHING can happen in a 13-story treehouse.

This is a major new series from Andy and Terry- and it's the logical evolution of all their previous books. There are echoes of the Just stories in the Andy and Terry friendship, the breakaway stories in the Bad Book (the Adventures of Super Finger), there's the easy readability of the Cat on the Mat and the Big Fat Cow, and like all these books, the illustrations are as much a part of the story as the story itself.

*MY THOUGHTS*
     For some reason, as of late, middle grades have caught my attention. I've been reading them nonstop knowing that I have other review  books that HAVE to be read, but I can't stop reading them. I'm not sure what it is, but I can't put them down. And this one was no different. 
     When I was a little girl I always wanted a treehouse. But considering I never had a tree big enough to hold one, I never got to have one. Lucky for me, I was able to live that childhood dream out through this book. And even more lucky for me, this tree house isn't an ordinary one. It's a 13 story treehouse with story after story of cool things to do and see. Throughout the entire book I was super jealous of all the cool things they had distracting them from writing and illustrating the book. I wanted to get out and join them with the "catnary" issue. It seemed really fun.
     It was a really cute read and it kept me laughing the entire time. I can't wait to see what else these two have in store for the kiddos.