Keeping it Real & Children's/Young Adult Literature


Keeping it Real

     In my reviews and my memes' content I am as honest as possible and I try to type the same way I talk. All the puns and weird off the wall things I type out on here, I would 9 times out of 10 say in real life lol I would like to say that this would be what keeps them coming back. I say this because the more they read, the more they know me and the more they become my friends. So hopefully it IS me that keeps them coming back! I try to keep the material fresh by adding something to it and again putting my own spin on it. 
     Blogging stays fun for me because I don't stress on anything concerning my blog. Well, unless it has to do with a book coming out that I desperately want but I have a stack of review books to get through first. I started this as an assignment but had so much FUN doing it, I wanted to continue it. I didn't keep it going so it could become a job... I already have one of those and I'd much rather be blogging every time I'm there lol 
How do you keep it real?
How do you continue to make blogging fun for you?

Children's/Young Adult Literature

     As an adult that reads YA, I'm not ashamed to say I love it! I read it because I have enough "adult" stuff on my plate, its nice to escape to a world where I can relax and not have to worry about how I'm going to pay this bill or that one. I miss the old days where all I had to worry about was tests, boys, and clothes lol It becomes an activity that I don't have to think to hard into, and I enjoy that it can "Take Me Away" from my current life, even if only for a short time. 
     On a more serious note, I read YA because ultimately that's what I want to do. I want to get children out there reading and enjoying it at the same time. As a Children/YA librarian, I hope to do numerous activities that keep the community where I'm working involved and with their noses in book, after book, after book. Also, I feel that its important to know what our kids are reading. (Same reason my mom read Harry Potter before I finished the story.) One day I hope to be the cool librarian where they can say something vague like, "Umm I heard about this book that has flames and talking about the summer or something like that and it has her ex boyfriend... Do you know what it is?" And I can automatically say "Oh yeah, you mean How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski!" The one that ALWAYS knows the book you mean, even by just a broken synopsis. 
What keeps you coming back to YA?