TTT: Books I've Read So Far In 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.    

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Books I've Read so Far in 2013
*These are in no particular order.

Thousand Words
Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown [5 Stars] This was my first book by Brown and I absolutely fell in love with her writing. She wrote this very unique but very relevant book that should be used as required reading in all schools! 

Golden
Golden by Jessi Kirby [5 Stars] This was also my first Jessi Kirby book. I loved this book because it really drove home a certain point at a really ironic time. I'm sure that any teens that read this would think more about what they would want to do with their life. 

The Book of Broken Hearts
The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler [5 Stars] This book shcked me. Here I was expecting some girl that falls for a dude just because her sisters don't approve... What I got was so much more. This book teaches you a valuable lesson, don't take any memory for granted. They're not always guaranteed to be there. 

How My Summer Went Up in Flames
How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski [5 Stars] This contemp didn't have a huge underying issue, but it was so incredibly light and fun! I laughed the entire way through it and am already planning a re-read sometime next summer lol This was also one of my first road trip novels and it definitely made me excited to read some more!

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
Dare You To by Katie McGarry [4 Stars] As I stated in my review, Ryan and Beth were no Noah and Echo, but I still loved the story. (I think it was just because Isiah and Beth didn't end up together...) Beth did a lot that I didn't agree with, but it was obvious what was blinding her the entire time.

 My Life After Now
My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi [5 Stars] How could this NOT make the list? Here is another completely relevant book in the YA world. This one deals with the heavy subject of HIV and shows just how easily it is to contract it. 

Splintered (Splintered, #1)
Splintered by A.G. Howard [5 Stars] Let's be real here. Anything with a cover this gorgeous and its a re-telling, it doesn't have a choice but to be good. The world building had me feeling like I was a on something, but isn't that how the original is as well? 

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer [5 Stars] Ok guys, if this hadn't made my list you would probably think I had been abducted or something lol We all know how much I fan girl over the Lunar Chronicles series. I have many posts in the archive where I'm begging for Scarlet. (And I'm pretty sure there will be some with me begging for Cress and Winter too smh) I loved that this book gave Scarlet her own story but was still able to answer all those questions I had about Cinder as well. And of course the world building is still AMAZEBALLS.

 The Archived (The Archived, #1)
The Archived by Victoria Schwab [5 Stars] What was there NOT to love about this? The epic mystery, cool world building, and over flowing emotion is all you need to make any book an amazing read. And this book is definitely an amazing read. 


Extras: (Let's be real, picking only 10 was a little hard lol This space is for those 4 stars that I felt deserved some recogniton as well!)
That Time I Joined the Circus
That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard [4 Stars] Another book that I was not expecting to love. I honestly just wanted to read it because I thought the cover was pretty. What I got was so much more. The story is whimsical because of the circus and you'll have your head in the clouds, but the back stories and the romance will snap you back to reality. 

Eleanor and Park
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell: I know I'm gonna catch some flack about this not being on the actual list, but whatevs. I still loved this as well. The best thing about it? The romance between two really different people. With all this going on with love inequality, I was happy to see two people you wouldn't expect to even see together, end up in love.