15 Day Book Blogger Challenge!


15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine
Ok so I saw this on about 3 or 4 other blogs and I was automatically interested. I looked around and found that April from Good Books, Good Wine posted the Challenge post yesterday and I immediately thought to sign up. Since this is such a cool idea (big props to her, she made the entire thing up!) I know you would like to participate too! There will be a sign up on each day of the challenge. (Sign up here for the first challenge!)


So without further ado, here are
15 book related confessions

1. I am #TeamBadBoy. I always have been since Jacob Black. I think I just love how they go from being so mean to finding that one girl that will change them. (#TeamJacob, #TeamRen, #TeamJace, #TeamWill, #TeamWolf... U get the picture lol)

2. The reason I started reading YA was Twilight. I liked it so much I started looking for other books in that genre and then my world in YA ignited. 

3. I will say that I want to read a book if the cover is gorgeous. Even if I haven't read the synopsis or any of my friend's reviews. And on the other side of that, I will not read a book if the cover is ugly. It has to have some bad-ass reviews to convince me otherwise. 

4. If I loved a series, I won't read the last book in that series. Just because I'm not ready for it to end. (Boundless, Endlessly, & Mockingjay just to name a few...)

5. I hate audiobooks. Unless I've read the book before. I gave them numerous tries, but I do so much while I read (homework, writing notes for the book, eating, etc.) that sometimes I find myself just not listening. And by then I've missed a huge part of the story!

6. I'm one of those people that don't remember what I wore yesterday, so when reading a series I try to read them all in rapid succession. (Yes except for the last one proven in #4.) 

7. I love doing the same things the characters in my books do. (Ex. For a little time on the 4th I read Unbreak my Heart. The characters in the story had sparklers on the 4th and they went and watched the fireworks, so naturally that night when I did the same thing I felt more connected to the story.)

8. I love reading next to a window while it rains. The sound of the rain falling on the window pane soothes me.

9. I think of myself as weird if I don't LOVE a book that everyone else does or vice versa. 

10. I love series and I love standalones as well, but its just something about companion novels that I love the most. I guess its the fact that each character gets their own story and we get a glimpse of the old character's happily ever after as well. It's part of the reason I love Miranda Kenneally's Hundred Oaks series and Simone Elkeles' Perfect Chemistry series

11. In the summer I try to read mostly books that feature water, sand, or anything summery with a great romance. Hence the reason most of the books I've been reading have been contemps. 

12. I will NOT watch the movie before reading the book. Even if the movie was said to be amazing. It will mess up my way of doing things. I like to watch the movie once to compare it to the book and then again once to enjoy it. 

13. I collect bookish swag because when I buy my future house and get my own personal library, I plan to start turning them into wall art! (If anyone has some extra Lunar Chronicles book swag and doesn't want or need it, I would gladly take it off your hands!) 

14. I don't use the bookmark feature on my Nook or my Kindle. The good thing about an e-book is no matter where you are in the book, even if you close it, you can always go right back to the page. Even if you're reading on other devices!

15. Since I collect bookmarks, I have them all over the house. But when I'm reading a hardcover or a paperback, I can rarely find them and I end up using anything else (like receipts  envelopes, remote controls) to mark my page. 

I realize now that I'm a little weird lol 
Anyone else share these weird quirks with me???