Left Drowning by Jessica Park

Kindle E-Book, 399 pages
Release Date: July 16, 2013
Published by: Skyscape and Amazon Publishing
Stand-alone
Source: Netgalley (This galley was provided to me through the publisher in exchange for a just and honest review.)
For fans of: New Adult, Drama, Contemporary romance

     What does it take to rise from life’s depths, swim against the current, and breathe?
     Weighted down by the loss of her parents, Blythe McGuire struggles to keep her head above water as she trudges through her last year at Matthews College. Then a chance meeting sends Blythe crashing into something she doesn’t expect—an undeniable attraction to a dark-haired senior named Chris Shepherd, whose past may be even more complicated than her own. As their relationship deepens, Chris pulls Blythe out of the stupor she’s been in since the night a fire took half her family. She begins to heal, and even, haltingly, to love this guy who helps her find new paths to pleasure and self-discovery. But as Blythe moves into calmer waters, she realizes Chris is the one still strangled by his family’s traumatic history. As dark currents threaten to pull him under, Blythe may be the only person who can keep him from drowning.
     *This book is intended for mature audiences due to strong language and sexual content.* (From Goodreads)

*MY THOUGHTS*
Because I only made it to 9%, this will not be a real review. I'll just tell you what I gathered from the first few chapters. In this book you will find:
-Insta-love
-Repetition
and 
-very bad characters.

When I first heard about this, I was expecting a really good NA book about a guy and a girl who fell in love after bonding. They bonded over skipping rocks. At the end of that scene she was like "Oh I can tell him EVERYTHING! I haven't told anyone this in four years, but I'm going to tell this guy that I met 5 minutes ago that my parents died. And then when he tells me that his mom died I'm like We have something in common then!"

But then after she fell asleep on the side of the river (FOR A FEW HOURS) and he sat there and watched her sleep.... Yeah Creeper! I couldn't do it anymore. This just isn't the book for me.
Overall, I give this

     

Labels: , , ,