The Distance Between Us by Kasie West



Paperback, 312 pages
 Release Date: July 2, 2013
Published by: HarperTeen
Stand-alone
Source: Own
For fans of Chicklit, Contemporary Romance, YA, Sparkly Covers

     Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.
      So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.
      She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about..
*MY THOUGHTS*
     You guys, this book gave me ALL the feels. I felt so depressed about so many things, happy about so many things, and the love scenes gave me all the mushy feelings. Not gonna lie, I was a little worried about all the hype and the plot, but it exceeded my expectations.
     What I loved most about this book was the realism of it.The situation Caymen and Xander are in is a very real life situation. Especially in today's society. It breaks my heart that there are really people that have simple concerns about this kind of thing in their love life. As my mother drilled into me for as long as I can remember, "you can't help who you love. It shouldn't matter about gender, race, society class, or any of that stuff. All that matters is that you're happy." You may not have many things in common, but if that person makes you happy and you feel that they can continue that, why short yourself because of something that small. *gets off soapbox*
     Anyways, on to Xander. Gah, be still my heart! He is someone that thinks like me. Love whoever you want. And he did it all with no worries or regrets. He just let it happen. And he was so swoony the entire time. I fund myself rooting for him since the very beginning. I have found a new book boyfriend for sure.
     I actually didn't like Caymen though. She had so many assumptions and what felt like regrets about everything. I honestly got a little tired of her dry humor too. Sometimes it wasn't exactly funny, just eye-roll worthy.
     But when you put the two of them together, I fell in love with Caymen and Xander. They made the cutest couple and their love felt so real. It didn't feel rushed or anything, it just went at the perfect pace. Especially with so many of the things they had telling them not to be together.
     Although there were some things that bothered me about this story, I know they were necessary. Without those things, the story would really be nonexistent. So with that being said, the flaws in this one helped it to become such a great read.
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , ,