TTT: Authors Who Deserve More Recognition

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.    

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Authors who deserve more recognition
*These are in no particular order.

  1. Jessica Verdi: She did an amazing job with My Life After Now and I can't imagine why more people haven't read it. There's so many people that have added it to their TBR pile, but not enough people that have read it. Get to it people, you won't be disappointed! 
  2. Terra Elan McVoy: I had never heard of her before Criminal and I was a little upset about that after reading it. I really enjoyed it and couldn't figure out why I hadn't read anything else by her. 
  3. Jessica Shirvington: I heard of her through some Australian peeps who I told that I LOVED books about paranormal romance dealing with angels. They gave me her name and I discovered an entire series by her, plus more books coming in the future from her. I gave Embrace a try and I found myself reading it everywhere, at home, at school, and even at work. 
  4. Gwen Hayes: I really did like Falling Under... Even if it was a lot like Twilight. It still made me happy because the other being was a demon and that was something I hadn't read about at the time. I didn't even know there was a second book in the series until very recently. I guess I need to watch her a little more closely. 
  5. Cora Carmack: So many people had barely heard of her because she began as a self pubbed author, but I decided since I had heard about her SO much I would give her a try. So I read Losing It and I LOVED it. It was one of the first new adult books I read and it totally made the genre for me. 
And that's all I can think of. I'm sure when I read everyone else's posts I'll think "Dang it I should've added them!" lol

Who made it to your list? Maybe I can give them a try!