City of Bones: The movie!

     I have seen so many mixed reviews of this movie it is unreal. I knew the boyfriend wouldn't want to go watch it with me, but he surprised me and said we could go for our three year anniversary so I wouldn't have to be by myself. (Isn't he the sweetest?!) I've been stalking Twitter to see if everyone liked it, and really you either really liked it or you really hated it. There was no in between.
     So, after hearing so many mixed things, I finally got to make my own decision. And I liked it actually. I mean it wasn't 100% the book, but I kind of feel that it was close enough. It was good enough to where I didn't have to explain anything, my boyfriend wasn't confused at all. He just thought they had a cool way of drawing tattoos... (0_o They never did explain the steele....) But anyways, that was the only thing that really confused him. I was also a little iffy about Jace. He wasn't my number one pick, but he did really good. Simon was perfect and Clary did ok. And let me just tell you. MAGNUS BANE was everyrthing lol He's my favorite character in the book and the movie and he was only there for a short time lol
     What I didn't like about the movie though was the way it told the story of what happens in later books. There were like three things they gave spoilers too! I wish someone had told me to go ahead and read book three (City of Glass) before going to see it, because I'm pretty sure one thing they said hasn't been figured out yet and trust me, its a HUGE spoiler. For a minute it made me think I didn't want to finish the series, but already being a fan girl its hard not to just finish it out. Plus I already have the rest of them sitting on my shelf lol
     Last but not least, I hated the green house scene. And I know I'm not the first person to say it. It just wasn't at all what I pictured in my head. It was like too forceful. Like they were both supposed to go for it. I felt like Jace like grabbed her and didn't give her any choice. Ugh Idk I just didn't like it at all.
     Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, but it wasn't a great one either. I think I'm the first person I've seen that actually is on the fence about it. It's funny, but this is the same rating I gave the book. I wasn't a huge super fan, but I didn't just hate it either.
Overall, I give this

Labels: