It was a Dark and Stormy Week at Take Me Away... Featuring THRILLERS!


THRILLERS

     One of my favorite creepy genres is thrillers. I love to curl up with a really good one and scare myself silly. And if its a mystery thriller, I like to see if I can guess the mystery. According to Goodreads, a thriller is "characterized by fast pacing, frequent action, and resourceful heroes who must thwart the plans of more-powerful and better-equipped villains. Literary devices such as suspense, red herrings and cliffhangers are used extensively. Thrillers often overlap with mystery stories, but are distinguished by the structure of their plots. In a thriller, the hero must thwart the plans of an enemy, rather than uncover a crime that has already happened. Thrillers also occur on a much grander scale: the crimes that must be prevented are serial or mass murder, terrorism, assassination, or the overthrow of governments. Jeopardy and violent confrontations are standard plot elements. While a mystery climaxes when the mystery is solved, a thriller climaxes when the hero finally defeats the villain, saving his own life and often the lives of others." If you tell me that doesn't pique your interest, I'll already know you're lying!

     I've only read a couple YA thrillers (before I read YA I read Adult thrillers and that was it!), but I do have A LOT on my TBR pile. Here are a couple that I want to read ASAP! (*Covers will take you to their Goodreads page!*)

Vicious3:59Find Me (Find Me, #1)
All the Truth That's In MeThe SoundDangerous Girls
No One Else Can Have You

     
     Here are the few that I have read and loved!
I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)Ten

What are some YA thrillers that you have read and loved (or want to read) that aren't pictured? I would love to add them to my TBR pile! Also, don't forget to enter the Dark and Stormy giveaway I'm having to celebrate Halloween and my birthday! You can find it here and win any of these books and more! 

Labels: