TTT: Top Books I was Forced to Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
Top 10  Top Ten Books I was Forced to Read
*These are in no particular order.

Some of these books I read because there was a certain amount of hype surrounding it. Yes I take hype as "being forced to read it." 

To Kill a MockingbirdMacbeth
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: This is one I was forced to read in school. It was sooooo good!

2. Macbeth by William Shakespeare: Witches? Oh yeah, it was good. 


Second Chance SummerThe Sky Is Everywhere
3. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: When I became interested in contemps with realistic issues, I was told to read this. And I mean from EVERYONE. 

4. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson: This is another one that everyone requested for me to read. 

Two Boys KissingI Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)
5. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan: I saw dozens of bloggers reading this and LOVING it and even though its not my usual go to read, I gave it a try. 

6. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga: I saw so many fans of horror reading and loving this, that I knew I had to read it. 

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)The Fault in Our Stars
7. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I read the Percy Jackson series and found out I loved mythology. And then I started asking around for YA mythology and everyone all but beat this series down my throat. 

8. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: Every person ever read this book and loved it. I had to see what the fuss was about. 

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)Divergent (Divergent, #1)
9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Once upon a time I started reading it and I didn't like it. I didn't understand the hype behind it. But one of my friends said "Just make it to the games." So I trudged through and I ended up loving it. 

10. Divergent by Veronica Roth: I told people I don't really like dystopians, and this one was recommended to me several times. I gave in and decided to give it a shot and in turn I really liked it.