Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Paperback, 297 pages
Release Date: November 2, 2013
Published by: Spencer Hill Press
The Covenant, #5
Source: Own, Signed
For fans of: Fantasy, Romance, Mythology, Hot Literary Guys, Tear Jerker, YA


It's a beautiful day for a war.
     As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.
     And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.
     In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.

*MY THOUGHTS*

      I closed this book about fifteen minutes ago, and I kid you not my eyes are STILL red and puffy. I'm so incredibly sad that this is the end, but I'm also so incredibly happy that it ended this way. If you follow my blog, you know that I don't read very many series endings. The reason being, the final book is just so hard to get right. You have to tie up every loose end and answer any and every question the reader may have. And then, with the last ending I read *ahem* Allegiant *ahem* I was seriously disappointed. I wanted to strangle everyone afterwards. So I waited a week before starting this ending. I needed some time.
"Most of our problems stemmed from the gods' boredom."
pg. 43
     But I don't even know why I was worried. JLA has done it again. This book is just as action packed as the rest of the series. The war is coming, and coming fast. Alex's army and the gods are getting desperate and come up with a spine tingling solution. Something I truly wasn't expecting. JLA has created another epic, nail biting, page turner.
"Have you ever heard of a bra?" I demanded. "Because I see your... you know. Everything.'"
pg. 49
     As for the characters, Alex was definitely not as snarky as her "normal" self. Its quite obvious that she's grown so much throughout the series. And then there's Aiden. Oh gods, Aiden I love you! He is (and I'm sure always will be) my #1 Book Boyfriend. He was still so sweet, caring, loving, and strong. He did everything he could to make sure Alex was ok. She was always his main priority. And then, there's Seth. I applaud him. I doubted him for a LONG time, but in the end, he did what he had to do. Everything he did throughout the entire series was done for a reason.
"'What is it with gods and leather?" I muttered. [He] slid me a long look. "We make it look good."."
pg. 166
     Last but not least, that ending tore me apart. Guys, if you're anything like me, grab your tissues. As I discussed with Jen from Jenuine Cupcakes, I HATED the ending, but it completely makes sense. After the war that took place, its only right that things happened that way. But it still didn't stop me from being a blubbering mess. I wasn't happy about it ending that way, but only for my own personal selfish reasons. It actually made sense that it happened that way.
"It was a beautiful day for a war."
pg. 247
     In short, this was a great ending to one of my favorite series. I'm sad to see it end, but I'm also already looking forward to reading it again. I promise you, Alex's world will be a hard one to leave behind.
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , ,