Cress by Marissa Meyer

ARC, 550 pages
Release Date: February  4, 2014
Published by: Feiwel & Friends
The Lunar Chronicles, #3
Source: Around the World ARC Tours
For fans of: Fantasy, YA, Romance, Retellings, Sci-fi, Fantasy, YA

     Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.
     In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
     Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
     When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.
 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     No doubt that this is my most anticipated read of 2014.... And I am pleased to say that it met all my expectations! This installment is action packed and was so good! I'm going to try not to ramble, but I'm not sure how easy this will be lol
     The best thing about this series to me is the way its written. I love how it goes from everyone's POV (even the new characters that are introduced) and as they go along their adventures, they all meet up in the end. And this one is no different. In this story we meet Cress who has been trapped in a satellite locked away from both the Earthen and Lunar world. All the while Cinder, Scarlet, and the others are still trying to save everyone. As they take on this new adventure, which is a trek across the Sahara Desert, they all meet up in the one central location. It's genius.
   Another thing I love about this series is the action. And man, this one was filled with even more action and drama than the last two. It was so much going on that a few times I had to put the book down because I just couldn't handle it. It was just really stressful ok lol But seriously, the plot twists left my mouth hanging open. I'm pretty sure that they will leave you surprised as well. And with the Lunars and the Earthens on the brink of war, I know things can only get better from here!
     As for the romance, I was happy with it, but at the same time, I was a little disappointed in it as well. The love between Scarlet and Wolf is still there and I fell for them even more after what happened to Scarlet. I felt so bad for Wolf. He clearly loved her and he was so upset about it. My heart went out to him. Also, there is a new budding romance! I won't tell you who it's between because it may be a bit of a spoiler, but I was excited for it. I wanted this person to fall in love last time. I'm hoping that something actually happens.
     Overall, this is my favorite one yet. With the Lunars and Earthens quickly coming to war, the wait for Winter will be hard. Speaking of Winter... She makes a small appearance and it is kind of a weird one. Be prepared......
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , ,