Tease by Sophie Jordan

e-ARC, 217 pages
Release Date: May 27, 2014
Published by: William Morrow Paperbacks
The Ivy Chronicles, #2
Source: Edelweiss
For fans of: New Adult, Romance, Companion, Realistic Fiction, Contemporary

     What happens when a girl who always calls the shots meets a guy who's too wild for even her?
     A born flirt and good-time party girl, Emerson has never had a problem finding a willing guy. She's always chosen her hookups carefully, and she's never broken her three cardinal rules:
Never let them see the real you.
Never fall in love.
Always leave them begging for more.
     Then Shaw comes along. A hottie from the wrong side of the tracks, he's immune to her flirtatious banter and come-hither smile. After rescuing her from a disastrous night at a biker bar, he doesn't even try to take her to bed—he calls her a tease and sends her home instead. Unable to resist a challenge, or forget the sexy, dark-eyed, bad-boy biker, she vows to bring him to his knees.
     But instead of making Shaw beg, Emerson finds herself craving him. For the first time in her life, she's throwing out her rule book. Suddenly, she's the one panting for a guy she can't control—a guy who won't settle for anything less than the real Emerson and who forces her to do things she's never imagined, including facing a past she thought she'd buried.
     A guy who just might leave her wanting more. . . .

 


BETWEEN THE COVERS!

*This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than both MG & YA. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"

*MY THOUGHTS*

     After reading Foreplay, it wasn't really a question to whether I would read this or not. I started reading it as soon as I got the chance. But can you blame me? Emerson was my favorite character in the first book, so I just knew her story would be one worth pining for!
"'Careful, Shaw or I might think you're jealous.."
27%
     In Tease we get a better look at Emerson, the same chick who is basically a man-eater. She doesn't stay with anyone; it's basically use em and abuse em with her. But she's holding a huge secret. One that she's trying desperately to keep in. But then she meets Shaw. A tattooed, muscley Marine. And he's immediately smitten with her. As much as Emerson tries to push away, Shaw is pushing things out of the way to get to her. And he won't stop until they collide.
"'You'll beg me to make love to you. I'll make sure of that, Emerson."
41%
     Emerson was actually my favorite person in the previous book. But I guess since we started getting a better look inside her head, she started annoying me. It was so obvious that Shaw loved her. Even before he admitted it to her, but she was so scared. And I got that, but it was completely obvious that Shaw was no where near the kind of person that the other guy was. As for Shaw, he is completely amazing. As a Marine he has the natural instinct to protect. And too many times it was basically used against him. I hated that. Because he was such a good person. Like genuinely. From the very beginning he was nice and everything. But like with any other contemp, they had to grown on each other.
"'Bring an overnight bag minus pjs. You won't need those."
76%
     They ended up getting it together. And when that happens, it was powerful. Every romantic scene between the two of them had me fanning myself! It got to a point where I didn't even want to read this in public lol Trust me when I tell you, Emerson and Shaw together were dynamite. And I loved the fact that Jordan wrote the sex scenes with each one beginning with protection. And it didn't "mess up the mood" or "mess up the writing style." Thank you Mrs. Jordan for showing the importance in that.
"'Love was pain. It was being out of control."
89%
     The only thing I didn't like, was the plot. It wasn't very focused. At the beginning I thought it was about something completely different but as the book went on I saw it was something else entirely. Something way deeper than I expected. But I'm not complaining. Although it was lacking, when it finally did start moving, I really did like it. But I can't lie, I really wish that final scene in the studio had went 100% different. In my head I was expecting a completely different scenario, but the one that actually did happen still had my heart rate speed up.
"'The only thing standing in the way of you being happy is you."
90%
     Getting closer to the main character in this one gave me a little more insight on why she acted the way she did. I no longer thought it was funny because I saw the entire meaning behind it, not just what she wanted us to see. Emerson is woman with secrets and Shaw is the persistent dude that she didn't even want to give a chance. Together they make magic, until Emerson's secret threatens to tear them apart.
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , ,