Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
 Top Ten Tuesday:Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read!
*These are in no particular order!

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)
1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: I'm not a huge fantasy fan. I like them ok, but I don't go out of my way to request/read them. But now I'm trying to break out of that habit, so I asked around which fantasy novels are the best to help ease you into the genre and this one ALWAYS COMES UP.I made the first step towards reading this when I read the prequels in The Assassin's Blade. 

2. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: This is another one that people kept recommending to me when I said I wanted to read more fantasay. But I have to admit, it's pretty huge and intimidating.

Love Letters to the DeadAmy and Roger's Epic Detour
3. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira: I asked on Goodreads for some good contemps with bigger issues and this one came up a lot. I'm not sure why I haven't read it yet. I've had it on my TBR for AGES. 

4. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: I've heard amazing things about this one, but I have yet to read it. And I'm not sure why. Since I'm such a huge contemp fan everyone tells me I should've read it a long time ago, but I swear I will read it soon! 

Dash & Lily's Book of DaresTwenty Boy Summer
5. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan: I've heard this is an amazing Christmas time book and I need to get to it. This is another one that I've heard I need to get to as a contemp lover. 

6. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler: Another contemp that I was told I HAD to read. 


Hate ListSlammed (Slammed, #1)
7. Hate List by Jennifer Brown: I've heard that Jennifer Brown is one of the best in the business when it comes to tougher issue contemps but for some reason I've only read one book by her. I plan to read this one soon. Everyone tells me its the best one of all. 

8. Slammed by Colleen Hoover: I've heard so much about her. And even the news has featured her recently. I took that as a blatant recommendation lol 

Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1)17 First Kisses
9. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein: I've been asking for recommendations to venture into historical fiction for a while. But I just can't find the courage to dive into it. I'm terrified by what I may see or read. I don't want to hate the events that happened more than I already may. 

10. 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen: I've heard that everyone thought it was going to be all happy go lucky and super fluffy but there's apperantly some meat and a tough issue or two in this one. Because of this, everyone thinks its a me book and thinks I may enjoy it. 

5 comments:

  1. I fell for the recommendations of Throne of Glass. Then my friend bought it for me, so it was like I had to read it. I didn't really enjoy it as much as I had hoped.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throne of Glass is on my list! So good to know I'm not alone in not having read this series. I've only read one book on your list, Code Name Verity, and I definitely recommend it. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read a lot of those book on your list. I support Grave Mercy 100% though!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  4. I flew through Grave Mercy because I had so much fun reading about the historical background. If you do decided to give it a try, I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slammed 100%!!! LOVED IT! Grave Mercy I loved also. Code Name Verity was pretty good too! I mean it's not going to make you like the events that happened anymore, because I mean if anything it makes you see them on a more personal level (or it did me). But it was still a great story. And I love the friendship between Verity and Maddie. Hope you get to read these soon! And thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete