Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton

ARC, 180 pages
Release Date: September 23, 2014
Published by: Farrar Straus Giroux
Stand-alone
For fans of: Contemporary, Romance, Adventure

     When a daredevil teen pushes herself too far, she must choose between two boys: the one who wants to keep her safe, and the one who dares her to return to her old self.
     Seventeen-year-old Dyna comes from a family of risk takers and is an avid thrill-seeker herself, until the day she splinters her ankle in a terrible fall. Her whole life goes from mountain biking and rock climbing to sitting at home and attending group sessions at the bizarre alternative healing center that her hippie mother found. The boy who witnessed Dyna’s accident believes her injury is a wakeup call and he encourages her mild new lifestyle, but a young Afghanistan War veteran she meets at the healing center pushes her to start taking chances again. Forced to face the consequences of her daredevil impulses, Dyna finds herself in danger of risking the one thing she’s always treated with caution—her heart.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Well, September isn't looking too promising to me anymore. I was so excited about all the books that were coming out, but then as I started reviewing them, I realized that there’s only a few that I've liked. 
     And this one doesn't make that list. You may think this is strange because I even did a WoW post on it, but unfortunately, it wasn't what I thought it would be. Why you ask? The writing style. She was super annoying and she said some off the wall things. She made me real aggravated a lot of the time as well. Like I understand that you are a thrill seeker, but sometimes, you have to understand that there’s some things you just can’t do.
     Then I didn't really think there was a plot. Because right away there’s the ankle break and then basically she’s just sitting there getting better. And I know there’s the romance  in there too, but umm… it was boring. Especially for it to have been about adrenaline… But this just wasn't for me. And it pains me to say that because I really was excited for this one.
     The reason I say the romance was boring, I knew from the very beginning who she would be with. And I wasn't surprised in the least bit. They had some good kissing scenes, but it was nothing to write home about.
     I hated that this one didn't work out for me, but the writing style and the missing plot just didn't do it for me. I thought maybe the romance would be the saving grace, but that didn't work for me as well. 
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , ,