Famous In Love by Rebecca Serle

ARC, 320 pages
Release Date: October 21, 2014
Published by: Poppy
Stand-alone
Source: ATWT
For fans of: Realistic Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Summer Lovin, YA

     When seventeen-year-old Paige Townsen gets plucked from obscurity to star in the movie adaptation of a blockbuster book series, her life changes practically overnight. Within a month, Paige has traded the quiet streets of her hometown for a bustling movie set on the shores of Maui, and she is spending quality time with her costar Rainer Devon, one of People's Sexiest Men Alive. But when troubled star Jordan Wilder lands the role of the other point in the movie's famous love triangle, Paige's crazy new life begins to resemble her character's.
     In this coming-of-age romance inspired by the kind of celeb hookups that get clever nicknames and a million page views, Paige must figure out who she is -- and who she wants -- while the whole world watches.
 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Reading the synopsis of this would make any reader interested in reading it. At the very least because everyone was sure they had seen this very thing happen in real life. (*ahem* Kristen Stewart/ Robert Pattinson/Taylor Lautner lmao *ahem*) I wasn't sure I wanted to read this because of the love triangle, but at the same time, I knew it didn't hurt to give it a try. 
"'If yo stay closer to the ground, you have less distance to fall."
pg. 11
     For this to have a love triangle though, it wasn't much romance in it. A kiss here and another one there and that was it. She spent most of her time confessing her love in her head. Nothing was really said out loud. And for that, I guess it made for a light fluffy contemporary. It just wasn't for me though.
"'My mother used to tell me that you can't have everything in this world. That's just not how it works."
pg. 156
     I'm all for a light fluffy romance, but not if I don't connect with the characters really well. And that was my problem with this one. Paige was acting really weird. Like she knew both dudes for a few days and was instantly attracted to them. Yes that's cool, but don't end up saying you love them. Both of them. Maybe I've just been raised old fashioned, but what I was told, you can only love one person in that way. At a time anyways. She was throwing around that l word everywhere. And as far as Rainer and Jordan, there's so much we never found out about them. I just felt like they weren't well rounded out characters. So much so that I didn't care to know anything about them, I was a little happy that she never said much about them lol 
"'She finally understands what it means to fall for someone," he said. That part of loving someone where you're totally consumed by them."
pg. 216
     What I did like though was the writing style and setting. I've never been to Hawaii, but while reading this I had so many pictures of it running through my head! The way she described the surfers, the water, how she woke up early to swim, they were all the things I would imagine myself doing! It was just pretty cool to be able to "visit Hawaii" even from my couch!
"'I'm used to being surrounded by people and feeling alone."
pg. 259
     Although I didn't love it, I didn't hate it either. It served its purpose as a light fluffy read, but that wasn't what hooked me.If you're looking for a fast read, this one may be the one you need! Especially if you'd like for it to "Take You Away..."
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , ,