The Make #TimetoRead Read-a-thon!


     When I saw this the other day, I began wondering if there was anyone doing an actual read-a-thon. I started tweeting around and no one knew of one, so I decided to do one on my own. Since it's so last minute I'm not asking anyone to join, but if you'd like to, GO AHEAD! If I get enough people to do it I will include a giveawaay of some sort.... But anyways, here is my personal one. I want to do more than just the four hours (between 12pm and 4pm) that Penguin Random House is asking for, but a 24 hour one running from 12am to 11:59 pm on Saturday January 24, 2015. I will include some small challenges and just spend the day reading. So, if you're looking for a read-a-thon to participate in, it's a little last minute, but I just found out I will be off so I wanted to do something! I'll make a post about my mini-challenges and all the books I read on Monday!

Mini Challenges

1. What time will I start reading?: I'll just tweet about what time I wake up, do anythng I need to do, and then start reading! Just to get a clear definition of how many hours I will be reading. 

2. Instagram where I'll be spending the time between 12-4pm reading. Include any snacks or anything I may need to keep you company while you read! (Post this by 11:55am) Use the tag #NRATD and me under @take_me_awayyy if you want to participate with me! 

3. Tweet my favorite quote I've read so far today!: Find a quote I loved so far and tweet it including #NRATD. You can also tag me under my Twitter name @TakeMeAway02 (Do this by 9:55pm)  if you want to participate with me. 

4. Instagram of all the books I've read during the read-a-thon!: This one's pretty easy. Just take a pic of all the books I've finished before going to bed! (Do this by 11:59pm!) Use the tag #NRATD and me under @take_me_awayyy if you'd like to participate with me. 

5. Anytime three times during the day I'll post your stats for the time being!

(Try to complete the challenges in order!)

If you participate, be sure to let me know! If you have a different one that you participated in, let me know! 

Labels: