TTT: Top Ten Books I'd Love to Read with my "historical fiction" book club!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I'd Love to Read with my "historical fiction" book club!

     Since I'm not such a huge fan of historical fiction, I wish I had a book club to make me read more of it! Here are some books that I have yet to read.. Some I'm a little ashamed of so don't judge too hard lol 


1 The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: I've been seeing this around since I was a little kid. I wish I had just tried reading it then, but I just never did. Now I'm not a huge fan of historical fiction and I'm not sure I'll ever get to it. I need a book club (or ANYONE) to give me that extra PUSH!! 

2. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: I've checked out this book from the library, I've won it on a giveaway, and I've had people recommend it to me numerous times saying that the "nuns" aren't actually the nuns I thought at first... But Idk I just can't read it. I think I'm intimidated by the size? Whatever the case may be, having me read it with a book club may be just what I need!

3. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein: This chick sounds like a bad ass heroine, but I was just never interested past that. But then I saw all the five stars and more people were saying forget about your historical fiction dislike, this book is for EVERYONE, so maybe it may be time. I wish I had that extra incentive of reading it with someone else. 

4. Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein: I heard this one was a companion to Code Name Verity, so I added it to my TBR. Of course since I haven't read Code, I haven't read this either...


5. Between Shades of Gray by Ruby Sepetys: This is another one that comes so highly recommended. I need that extra push to get it in my hands! 

6. Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman: I'm not sure why I haven't read this one. Well besides my phobia of this genre. I mean her uncle is Adolf Hitler for goodness sake! I'm sure it would be interesting to see what happens, but I'm just too scared! 

7. Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley: This is one book I really have no idea why I haven't read it. It was released in October 2014 and I didn't hear about it until it was already released. I checked it out from my library and then I just didn't read it. Idk why because I love African American history and I love diversity in books. This is right up my alley. I think I just need someone to MAKE me pick it up!

8. A Mad, Wicked, Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller: Now this one sounds like a YA from contemp times, but with the historical fiction in the background. I thought I could give this one a try, but I just never gave in. One day I'll get to it!


9. Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd: I'm not entirely sure why I didn't read this one. I read and loved the first one... I will get to it soon because the third book comes out on Tuesday and I'm trying to push this series to my my mom who loves historical fiction!

10. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen: I've had this on my TBR for SO. LONG. But then I just never got to it. And it's a retelling! I'm sure I'd love it. But that genre that some have classified me under has intimidated me I think...

So, anyone have any Historical Fiction YA book clubs that I can join?
Anyone want to start one? 
(Maybe just so I can have a reason to read all these!)
What book club do you wish you were in?

Labels: ,