The Replaced by Kimberly Derting

ARC, 354 pages
Release Date: April 28, 2015
Published by: HarperTeen
The Taking, #2
Source: ATWAT
For fans of: Sci-fi, Romance, Road Trips, Action, Cliffhangers 

     Romantic and action-packed, The Replaced is the gripping second installment in the Taking trilogy.
     Kyra hasn't been the same since she returned from her mysterious five-year disappearance. Now, on the run from the NSA, Kyra is forced to hide out with others who, like her, have been Returned. Yet she is determined to find Tyler, the boy she loves who was also abducted—all because of her. When her group intercepts a message that Tyler might still be alive but is in the hands of a shadowy government organization that experiments on the Returned, Kyra knows it's a risk to go after him. What if it's a trap? And worse, what if the returned Tyler isn't the same boy she lost?
     Perfect for fans of The Fifth Wave and the Body Finder series, The Replaced is both chilling and explosive, with creepy, otherworldly elements and twisty, psychological thrills that will have you questioning what exactly it means to be human.
 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Although I did like this one, I wasn't as big a fan of it as I was of its predecessor. I;m pretty sure it was only because of me, because I just don't like on the run or road trip books as much as others. It may be the fact that they have too much time interacting with all the same characters. 
     In this second installment, Kyra is on the run from the NSA along with a group of others that have been Taken. But then the group gets a message that Tyler and who they think is her father are alive... Naturally this sparks some interest in them all and they decide as a group if they think its a trap or if it's safe for them to go find them. As they set on the road to escape the NSA once again, things start to heat up! 
"Because here's the thing. If I could dream, it would be of him. Tyler But dreaming was one of those things only afforded to those who could sleep.'"
(ARC)
     The action in this one was good, but there was too little of it. Either that or I'm not a huge fan of stories where the characters are on the run or on road trips. But at the same time, I was ok with it because when there were things going on, they were very good things. It felt like a filler book, but towards the end so many things were revealed. Some things I figured out and some others where I was left with an open mouth. 
"Memory was a tricky thing.'"
(ARC)
     As for the romance, I wasn't a fan of it in the first one and I'm still not a fan of it now. This is one ship I'm not on. It is still just too weird for me. I like them individually and I love how sweet he is, but it's just weird for them to be together. But with the "other" boy, I was very happy and wished that it would end up there. Buttttt of course Derting had other plans BECAUSE THAT ENDING THO. Why?! How am I supposed to wait this long for the next book? I need to know what the hell is going on! The ending to this one was kinda creepy. I can't wait to read the final book!
"It's your memories and life experiences, your hopes and fears and dreams and passions, that make you who you are....'"
(ARC)
    Although this felt like just a filler for me, there were some things that helped to save it. The main thing being the ending. This series is a good one that makes on question whether we're the only ones on this side of the galaxy and how long have they been watching us..... 
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , ,