Waiting on Wednesday: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan


This bookish meme tells the blogosphere what we're waiting patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) for! It's hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine!

The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)

     Magnus Chase has always been a troubled kid. Since his mother’s mysterious death, he’s lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, keeping one step ahead of the police and the truant officers.
     One day, he’s tracked down by a man he’s never met—a man his mother claimed was dangerous. The man tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son of a Norse god.
     The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years.
     When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision.
     Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die . . .

Expected Publication: October 6, 2015
Published by: Disney Hyperion Books

 Why I'm Waiting: It's a Rick Riordan book. Doesn't that mean I automatically need to read it? To me yes. I can't wait to read Riordan's humor and see the super cool battles that Magnus Chase goes on. On top of that, after reading about his Greek and Roman heroes I was on the hunt to learn more about them. Now I know I will be so into this book that I will want to learn more about the Norse heroes. And I mean look at the freaking last line of the synopsis. OF COURSE I'm reading this one!

Labels: ,