Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor

e-ARC, 432 pages
Release Date: March 1, 2016
Published by: HMH Books for Young Readers
Into the Dim, #1
Source: Netgalley (A huge thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for allowing me access to this galley. All opinions are my own and their permission to receive this did not sway my opinion in any way.)
For fans of: Time Travel, Historical Fiction, Adventure, YA


     When fragile, sixteen-year-old Hope Walton loses her mom to an earthquake overseas, her secluded world crumbles. Agreeing to spend the summer in Scotland, Hope discovers that her mother was more than a brilliant academic, but also a member of a secret society of time travelers. Trapped in the twelfth century in the age of Eleanor of Aquitaine, Hope has seventy-two hours to rescue her mother and get back to their own time. Along the way, her path collides with that of a mysterious boy who could be vital to her mission . . . or the key to Hope’s undoing.
     Addictive, romantic, and rich with historical detail, Into the Dim is an Outlander for teens.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Unfortunately this was another much anticipated book that I was desperately waiting on. And then seeing that a tour site I frequent had one available to read and review, I hurried to snag a copy. But then as I began reading it, I was intrigued for the most part, but then it just got to where all I wanted to do was skim. 
     I think what killed this book for me was the fact that I was actually reading another time travel at the time I got this one and this one was more interesting. But then when I out down my other book and picked up this one fully, I was already annoyed with time travel. It made me think to myself is this really what I want right now. I thought that was it, so I took a break. But then I just wasn't in the mood to read it anymore.
     I did end up skimming it since I was still vaguely interested, and unfortunately it didn't get any better. The "retelling" part was the only semi interesting thing, and that was because I Googled it before hand and I wanted to know how it was portrayed. 
     I think time travel just isn't my thing. Or maybe right now I just need a break from it. Whatever the case may be, I will stay away from them for now and move on to those books set only in the present!
Overall, I give this
(DNF @ pg 205)


Labels: , , ,