The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends. Basically how it works is you follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. So looking forward to making new blogging friends & following blogs!
This week's prompt was '10 Reasons You Love Your Favorite Genre" but I feel like we JUST did that! Soooo I went with last week's since I missed it due to BEA!
1. Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes- "As Princess of Wonderland Palace and the future Queen of Hearts, Dinah’s days are an endless monotony of tea, tarts, and a stream of vicious humiliations at the hands of her father, the King of Hearts."
2. The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes- "This thriller YA is Scandal meets Veronica Mars."
3. The Way Back to You by Michelle Andreani & Mindi Scott- "In this witty, heart-tugging novel, two teens take a spontaneous road trip across the Southwest to meet three strangers who received the life-saving organs of their late best friend—charting a journey of loss, hope, and love along the way."
4. The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks- "During the party a tsunami hit the coast of California, wiping out everything in its path. Denver and a handful of others escaped death by holding onto the roof of the house and were swept out to sea."
5. Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira- "In a perfect world, sixteen-year-old Phoebe Martins’ life would be a book. Preferably one filled with magic and a hot paranormal love interest. Unfortunately, her life probably wouldn’t even qualify for a quiet contemporary."
TO BE READ
6. The Dragon's Price by Bethany Wiggins (Expected February 2017)- "A fantasy YA trilogy about the transformation of a sheltered princess who chooses death by dragon instead of a forced marriage to a rival horse lord, and ends up vanquishing the fire-breather, absorbing his power and incurring the wrath of his fellow dragons."
7. Beast by Brie Spangler (Expected October 2016)- "But there is something Dylan doesn’t know about Jamie, something she shared with the group the day he wasn’t listening. Something that shouldn’t change a thing. She is who she’s always been—an amazing photographer and devoted friend, who also happens to be transgender. But will Dylan see it that way?"
8. To Catch a Killer by Sheryl Scarborough (Expected February 2017)- "Erin Blake has one of those names. A name that, like Natalee Holloway or Elizabeth Smart, is inextricably linked to a grisly crime. As a toddler, Erin survived for three days alongside the corpse of her murdered mother, and the case—which remains unsolved—fascinated a nation. Her father's identity unknown, Erin was taken in by her mother's best friend and has become a relatively normal teen in spite of the looming questions about her past.
Fourteen years later, Erin is once again at the center of a brutal homicide when she finds the body of her biology teacher. When questioned by the police, Erin tells almost the whole truth, but never voices her suspicions that her mother's killer has struck again in order to protect the casework she's secretly doing on her own.
Inspired by her uncle, an FBI agent, Erin has ramped up her forensic hobby into a full-blown cold-case investigation. This new murder makes her certain she's close to the truth, but when all the evidence starts to point the authorities straight to Erin, she turns to her longtime crush (and fellow suspect) Journey Michaels to help her crack the case before it's too late."
9. Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall (Expected January 2017)- "Norah has agoraphobia and OCD. When groceries are left on the porch, she can’t step out to get them. Struggling to snag the bags with a stick, she meets Luke. He’s sweet and funny, and he just caught her fishing for groceries. Because of course he did."
10. Glitter by Aprilynne Pike (Expected October 2016)- "When Danica witnesses an act of murder by the young king, her mother makes a cruel power play . . . blackmailing the king into making Dani his queen. When she turns eighteen, Dani will marry the most ruthless and dangerous man of the court. She has six months to escape her terrifying destiny."
Any of these synopsis bits and pieces pull you in too?
*All synopsis and parts of the synopsis came from Goodreads!