Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Ten Books I Feel Differently About Since Time Has Passed!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
Ten Books I Feel Differently About Since Time Has Passed!

1. Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman: I thought it was pretty cool when I read it, but the files in the FC were all over the place and it left me a little confused. I DID listen to the audiobook and that one I enjoyed 100 x's more!

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: I originally DNF'd this and wasn't going to finish reading it, but a friend of mine said "Just get to the games." So I did as told and finally got there and I am so happy I did. I LOVE that series now and I'm do happy I didn't miss out on it.

3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: I will forever say this to anyone like me..... JUST MAKE IT TO BOOK 2. For some reason this one didn't work for me. I don't think it deserved all the hype. But as for the series as a whole, IT'S SO GOOD. 

4. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke: When first finished reading it I rated it 3 stars. Then a few days later while writing my review there wasn't much I didn't like about the story, so I changed my rating to 4 stars. 

5. The One and Only Ivan by Kathernie Applegate: When I first read this one I was reading it as the audio and I was doing it for class. I ended up going to the library and finding the actual book and flipping through the book and seeing the illustrations and I fell in love. 

6. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera: I was a little iffy on the plot twist at first and was only going to give it three stars, but the more I wrote about it in my review I think I changed my mind mended up giving it 4 stars.  

7. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater: For some reason I read the first one and rated it 3 stars. I couldn't get into it. But then the freaking second book came and along and I DNF'ed it. It made me realize that the first one wasn't just that great to me either. I found myself bored a lot of the time in both. And so because of that I just never tried again. 

8. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer: Ummm this was actually my least favorite of the series. I really don't feel like it should even be a thing because how can you make a baby and you are dead? How were your guys even swimming? But I guess. But anyways, before this becomes a tangent, I always DNF'ed this and ended up always skimming it. But finally I watched the movie and Viola! I HAD to read the book again. Imagine my surprise when they weren't the same and I didn't like it nearly as much lmao 

9. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson: I rated originally 4 stars, but as I was writing my review, I realized there was nothing really I disliked about the book but except one thing, but it got fixed quickly. So, I changed it to 5 stars and I STILL love this book.

10. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell: I tolerated it in Fan Girl and thought I might be able to handle it with the full book..... In my head I had already rated this 5 stars. But when I started reading it, it was just too much like Harry Potter fanfiction. it was mighty hard to resist because of the diversity featured in it, but in the end I just couldn't do it :( 

Can you relate to any of my choices?
Anyone wanting to harm me after reading some of these? 
Let me know in the comments! 

6 comments:

  1. Wink Poppy Midnight was definitely an odd one, but I found I liked it as well!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been considering to listen to the audiobook of Illuminae. I didn't enjoy Illuminae as much as I wanted to. Also, I read the ebook version and it was difficult to appreciate the visual content. Maybe if I listen to the audiobook, I'll fall for it as most people did.

    Happy readings! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't normally change my mind on books but if i do its when I am writing the review. My reviews come much later than when I finish the book and I can see I liked it more than I first though. It rarely goes the other way for me. great list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so true about the Hunger Games. I read the first book and spent most of my time thinking "when are we going to get to the games" and once you're past that it's gold. But this is also the reason I didn't like the third book as much. I'm happy you stuck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely agree on Throne of Glass and The Raven Boys. They are great series but the first books are not great. I mean Throne of Glass is probably my least favorite in that series and while I liked The Raven Boys it took awhile to get into. And it's good to hear that you loved The Unexpected Everything. It's in my TBR.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I made it to Book 2 for Throne of Glass and I still don't know! I may read it once it's all over. Or may not. Who knows. Haha,

    ReplyDelete