The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash

ARC, 249 pages
Release Date: June 14, 2016
Published by: Simon & Schuester Books for Young Readers
Stand-alone
Source: TLA
For fans of: Contemporary, Romance, LOL, Pop Culture, Realistic Fiction, Sparkly Covers, Diversity, 


     John Hughes meets Comic Con in this hilarious, unabashedly romantic, coming-of-age novel about a teenager who is trying to get his best friend to fall in love with him from the author of Three Day Summer.
     Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy...
     Archie and Veronica...
     Althena and Noth...
     ...Graham and Roxy?
     Graham met his best friend, Roxana, when he moved into her neighborhood eight years ago, and she asked him which Hogwarts house he’d be sorted into. Graham has been in love with her ever since.
     But now they’re sixteen, still neighbors, still best friends. And Graham and Roxy share more than ever—moving on from their Harry Potter obsession to a serious love of comic books.
     When Graham learns that the creator of their favorite comic, The Chronicles of Althena, is making a rare appearance at this year’s New York Comic Con, he knows he must score tickets. And the event inspires Graham to come up with the perfect plan to tell Roxy how he really feels about her. He’s got three days to woo his best friend at the coolest, kookiest con full of superheroes and supervillains. But no one at a comic book convention is who they appear to be...even Roxy. And Graham is starting to realize fictional love stories are way less complicated than real-life ones.

     This book caught my eye because of the beautiful cover. I love his superhero costume and the city line behind him. And then the title with the words Geek and Unrequited, I was sold. I'm so glad this book delivered and I can't wait to see what other readers think about it.
     The first thing I liked about this was the way I was reminded so much of me. I'm obsessed with comics, I'm obsessed with reading, and I obviously go to conferences and can definitely relate to all that Graham was  saying. Tash definitely based Graham off readers like me. And then there's the diversity mentioned in it. I really liked learning about Roxy and her family. 
     Then there was the love story. I hate the way it was so predictable. I saw what was coming from a mile away, but at the same time, Tash put it into a way that was still enjoyable to read. I still found myself wanting to read it and see what path she gave the characters. It was the writing style and my love for the characters that made me keep reading the story.
     This book and the characters were definitely amazing. I'm 100% positive that I would be friends with them and I can see us going on other adventures like this one.The events were so real and I loved the way it made the entire book seem so real. I really like the way I related to this even though I'm completely different than Graham in a physical sense. 
Overall, I give this 


Labels: , , , , , , ,