Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week's topic is:
Top 10 Book Nerd Problems I Can Relate To!
1. NEVER KNOWING HOW TO CHOOSE WHAT TO READ NEXT: Omg I can't tell y'all how many times I ask Twitter what to read next. Sometimes I have to take a picture and send it to my fiancee or mom to see which one they'd pick just based off the cover and title. How do y'all pick what's next?
2. Too many books: I KNOW this isn't neccassirly a problem, but when you literally have stacks on stacks on stacks next to your bed because you don't have another shelf... Things start to look concerning to your fiancee.
3. Not having anyone IRL to fangirl/boy with: This one is so hard for me because although I read and many of my IRL friends read, many of them don't read YA/MG/NA. So, I spend most of my time telling my fiancee about whatever book I've read and loved lately. He always seems to know what I thought about it because he said if I'm talking really fast I did. But if I'm talking slow, then I didn't lol
4. Not having my IRL friends know about my blog: For the reason above my IRL friends don't know about my blog. Only because I wasn't sure it would survive when I first started it, but then it did and I still wanted to keep everything separate. Many of them think blogs should only be personal, not about a hobby or just something you love.
5. To snack or not to snack?: I'm sure y'all know how hard it is to eat and read. I can't stand it, but I do it so often. I am the person who likes to eat hot cheetos while reading. Red fingers and all. Unfortunately I'm also the person that gets red stuff everywhere or crumbs everywhere in the book as well. Maybe one day I'll learn to only eat while reading a Nook book lmao
6. Going to bed at 2 am or later: So many times I've went to bed at 3 am because a book was super good and I just HAD to finish it right then. This is especially bad for me because I get migraines when I don't get enough sleep. But then I do it anyways smdh
7. People talking to you when you're reading: Holy shiz this is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves. I don't mind talking, but please, don't do it when I have a book open in front of me. That annoys me to no end. Especially if you see other people in the room but you come to me because you see I'm quietly reading. Like WHYYYYY? lol (I've resorted to wearing headphones while I'm reading too lol Not playing anything somtimes but just to throw them off)
8. Knowing what the UPS/USPS/Fed Ex truck sounds like: Don't you judge me. I know y'all know what it sounds like too lol But worse than that is when they don't come to your house but they go to the neighbors or just pass by.
9. Drowning in your TBR pile/ Not being able to read fast enough: With school and a short attention span, reading is hard for me sometimes. So when I'm finally able to read, I still can't read fast enough. And by thennnn I'm already drowning in my TBR pile. One day I will make it out of it alive. ONE DAY. lol
10. Waiting on the next book: It is so hard to wait on the next book in a series! Especially if you read the first one more than a year before because you had an ARC of the first one. The irony of this is not lost on me.
What Book Nerd Problems do you relate to the most?