Never Missing, Never Found by Amanda Panitch

ARC, 303 pages
Release Date: June 28, 2016
Published by: Random  House Books for Young Readers
Stand-alone
Source: TLA 2016
For fans of: Contemporary, Thrillers, Mystery, Suspense, Realistic Fiction, Stand-alone, DEAR


     A juicy thriller about a girl who returned from the missing. . . . Hand to fans of We Were Liars, Bone Gap, and Vanishing Girls.
     Some choices change everything. Scarlett chose to run. And the consequences will be deadly.
     Stolen from her family as a young girl, Scarlett was lucky enough to eventually escape her captor. Now a teen, she's starting a summer job at an amusement park. There are cute boys, new friends, and the chance to finally have a normal life.
     Her first day on the job, Scarlett is shocked to discover that a girl from the park has gone missing. Old memories come rushing back. And now as she meets her new coworkers, one of the girls seems strangely familiar. When Scarlett chose to run all those years ago, what did she set into motion? And when push comes to shove, how far will she go to uncover the truth . . . before it's too late?

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Last year Amanda Panitch released a novel called Damage Done. It ended up being one of my favorite reads of last year and hands down my favorite thriller of the year. So of course when I heard she had a new book coming out, I added it to my TBR without even reading the synopsis. And let me tell you.... This one did not disappoint. Amanda Panitch still holds the candle for mind-effery. If all of her books will SLAY me like this, I need her to start her own support group. (I know it's more of y'all out that there that need it, Not just me!)
"I don't like the unfamiliar because all bad things start with the unfamiliar."
pg. 19
     Scarlett has been taken from her family as a little kid. Incredibly, she's returned years later without harm, just a few problems that any therapist can fix. But now she's trying to get her life back. She's started a new job and she's making friends with the others that work there. But then on her first day on the job, one of the girls she works with goes missing. What's happening? Is she in danger all over again?
"It's better to be missing than dead."
pg. 23
     Even though I was prepared for the mind effing in this book from her last one, but I still wasn't expecting what I got lol This book screwed me up just as much as her first. And to make it worse, I didn't see it coming. I was honestly a bit confused about some of the story line and didn't understand where it was going, until the end when it just happened. And by then I realized that I never even stopped to make a guess on who the culprit was. 
"And it's the choices we make that make us who we are."
pg. 187
     But even with how much I liked it, there were sill some small things that I wished were done differently. For instance, the comic book parts? They felt weird and just THERE.I didn't feel like they had a purpose.  I really feel like it was just a way to make the reader think about something else. But for me, that was the characters. This book was definitely a more character driven story, and I love them. This time I was so invested in them that I was lost on everything else in the story. Maybe that was her intention, but it made me feel like I lost some of the plot? Idk I'm not sure how to explain it. 
"I don't need to hit you to break you."
pg. 220
     In short, this book was just as good as the first. I cannot wait to see what else Panitch comes up with. But I know that next time, I'll be more prepared! If you like thrillers, you need to read both books by her! And if you don't like them, read them anyways and tell me about them when they change your mind!
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , , , ,