Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week's topic is:
Top 10 Bookish Facts About Me!
1. I'm a Night Owl: I do most of my reading at 8pm or later. Which is pretty bad because sometimes I don't go to bed because of it.
2. I will literally pull out a book and read anywhere: During the cruise I was on I was waiting on my fiancee to finish playing Black Jack in the casino part so I pulled out my book and went to a table to read my book. In the middle of the cruise ship's casino lol
3. I have SEVERAL reasons I try to prioritize Diverse Reads: I'm an African American female. I'm OCD (more on the obsessive side). I have anxiety. I'm bigger than a size 12. I have a little sister who is autistic. My family has never had much money. I have a little cousin who is part of the LGBTQIA+ community and many others that are biracial. And we all deserve the same amount of respect and love as the next person. I don't want them to ever feel alone or like they're not enough. Like Becky Albetalli said “White shouldn't be the default any more than straight should be the default. There shouldn't even be a default.”One of my favorite book quotes of all time.
4. I'm a YA contemp romance fiend, but adult contemp romance.... Not so much: Its mainly because I read to escape my current world. Alot of what happens in adult contemp romance is too close to home, so I try to stay away from it. As for YA, I haven't been that age for a long time, so it's ok for me to read about that age lol
5. I HATE being the black sheep: I am aware that it will happen. Most recently it was with The Heart of Betrayal. I tried to like it. I really did. But I won't even post the review because *whispers* I wasn't a fan...
6. I can't read more than one book at a time: UNLESS one is an audiobook and the other is a Kindle/physical book. Otherwise I will read one entirely and then go for the other. The only reason I'm able to listen to audiobooks is I listen to them as I do my homework.
7. I have the library hold curse more than anyone I know lol: I could literally be #15 in line for one book and #3 in line for another book and they will somehow magically come in together at the same damn time! I don't know how it happens, but it does! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
8. When I go in the book store or the library I spend a lot of time reshelving things.: If it's wrong, I will fix it. Especially if a series isn't together.
9. I started reading at 4: Me and my mom have no idea how, she just said one day I was reading. My aunt thought I was just memorizing books, but that wasn't the case. I still don't know how I did it and I'm 27 now lol
10. The only thing I've read more than Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone is Matilda: When I read Matilda I fell in love with that story. I had to have read it about 15 times. I still love the story and am trying to find a copy of it in mint condition. Mine is TORN APART.