Class Act: Module 13- Religion and Religious Issues!


As y'all know, I'm a Library Science student at University of North Texas. This semester I have the pleasure of taking an AWESOME class called Seminar and Trends in YA! This semester the focus is YA books!  One of the things we have to do is read some books from a list my Prof has provided us and then make up a blog and post reviews or features of what we have read! 

MODULE 13: 
RELIGION AND RELIGIOUS ISSUES


Does my Head Look Big in This by Randa Abdel-Fattah
Published by: Orchard Books
Book Summary:     
  
       When sixteen-year-old Amal decides to wear the hijab full-time, her entire world changes, all because of a piece of cloth...
     Sixteen-year-old Amal makes the decision to start wearing the hijab full- time and everyone has a reaction. Her parents, her teachers, her friends, people on the street. But she stands by her decision to embrace her faith and all that it is, even if it does make her a little different from everyone else.
     Can she handle the taunts of "towel head," the prejudice of her classmates, and still attract the cutest boy in school? Brilliantly funny and poignant, Randa Abdel-Fattah's debut novel will strike a chord in all teenage readers, no matter what their beliefs.

     This one was kind of hard to come up with a topic over, expecially since I only really know indepth about my own religion. So, for this one, I decided to give some awesome books recs!

DevotedPurityThis Side of Salvation
OyMGQuaking

     The books shown here are awesome gems that I found and read or realized I wanted to read during this module. It ranges from Amish living to Quaker living to being sex concise in today's society as a teen. Having them all hit different subjects is what made me want to rec these. They were all written without having to force it and the religion in the book just flowed. This is what I loved most about them. I plan to read all of these soon, and you should too. Don't let the subject scare you off!  


Labels: