Saturday, March 18, 2017

Beauty & the Beast (Live Action Movie!)





PG, 129 minutes
Release Date: March 17, 2017

  An adaptation of the Disney fairy tale about a monstrous-looking prince and a young woman who fall in love. (From IMDb)

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I have to say I enjoyed thid more than the Cinderella live action remake. I'm not sure if it's because this is my favorite childhood Disney movie, but whatever the case may be, I was super happy I was able to see this in my lifetime. 
     I loved that it was the same plot, but there was still some originality to it. Original songs and they didn't do the movie word for word either which I was so happy about. (However I did miss my "Off to the cupboard with you now, Chip." lol) 
     I really, REALLY liked the music. Although Emma Watson was a bit autotuned at times, it was still amazing. I  loved the new music and felt they were great additions to the movie. I found myself singing Bonjour and saying Good morning Belle to myself throughout the entire night and the next day. (That's how obsessed I was with the soundtrack!)
     As far as the acting, I really loved them all. They all made the perfect characters and I loved being able to see them act out my favorite fairy tale. Also, I loved that they protrayed everyone how they were supposed to.
     As far as my favorite scenes, I LOVED them and they became my favorites all over again. I was absolutely amazed at Be Our Guest and I cried at the Ballroom Scene. At the end I KNEW what would happen, and yet I was still biting my nails! This is how into this movie I was. It was everything I needed and I didn't even know it.
     This movie was everything I wanted it to be. So much so that I want to see it again. I love this decision to do everything live action from Disney. I hope to be able to see them all!
Overall, I give this

2 comments:

  1. CINDERELLA WILL FOREVER BE MY FAVORITE LIVE-ACTION. Beauty and the Beast, I thought, was beautifully created, but I wasn't 100% sold. The ending was really strong and Be Our Guest was a cool number as well. The CGI was super impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOOOOOO CINDERELLA DIDN'T EVEN HAVE BIBITY BOBITY BOO! How can that be your favorite live action movie with no music?! I liked Cinderella, but I wasn't sold because I WANTED it to be more Disney like. But I digress.

      Delete