Book to Movie: The Girl on the Train


R, 112 minutes
Release Date: October 7, 2016

A divorcee becomes entangled in a missing persons investigation that promises to send shockwaves throughout her life. Director: Tate Taylor Writers: Erin Cressida Wilson (screenplay), Paula Hawkins (based on the novel by) Stars: Emily Blunt, Haley Bennett, Rebecca Ferguson. (From IMDB)

*MY THOUGHTS*

      To be honest, I'm not even sure why I wanted to watch this movie. I didn't even like the book. I figured out who the culprit was before Hawkins told us and I just didn't care to continue so I skimmed to the end. But when the movie came out I guess I wanted to see it to see if it was any better. 
     And to be honest it was. Emiy Blunt is a hell of an actress. She was did an amazing job at playing a crazy drunk and she did a great job in making sure the person watching was confused and watching the wrong person. The other actors were great too. Pair that with the way the camera man made the crazy weird shots and the editing, I felt like I was in Rachel's mixed up mind. 
     I also liked how close it followed the book. I wasn't exactly SMITTEN with it because I mean I wasn't a fan of the book lol but it was still interesting to see how much it followed it. Finally watching it on screen helped me to appreciate the book too. Not having to constanly read about her blacking out and drinking herself into oblivion and seeing it  instead helped to take some of the repetitiveness away. 
     I won't say I love the book now, but the movie is certainly a step up. I'm glad I didn't go with my first mind and disregard it completely and just went ahead and checked it out from work.
Overall, I give this

Labels: