Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller

Audio, 7.5 hours
Release Date: February 28, 2017
Published by: Feiwel and Friends
Read from: September 19-20, 2017
Daughter of the Pirate King, #1
Source:  Netgalley (I received a copy of this book from the Netgalley and the Publisher in exchange for a just and honest review. This did nothing to influence my review.) 
For fans of: Action, Adventure, Debut Authors, Girl Power, Pirates, 


     There will be plenty of time for me to beat him soundly once I’ve gotten what I came for.
     Sent on a mission to retrieve an ancient hidden map—the key to a legendary treasure trove—seventeen-year-old pirate captain Alosa deliberately allows herself to be captured by her enemies, giving her the perfect opportunity to search their ship.
     More than a match for the ruthless pirate crew, Alosa has only one thing standing between her and the map: her captor, the unexpectedly clever and unfairly attractive first mate, Riden. But not to worry, for Alosa has a few tricks up her sleeve, and no lone pirate can stop the Daughter of the Pirate King.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     When I heard of this book, I was all over it! I knew it would be a cool read since it was about a female pirate. But I didn't know it would be THAT good. 
     The best thing about this was the narrator. When I first tried reading this, I tried reading a physical copy, but I also tried making a pirate accent in my head that was no where near as good as this one. I'm so glad I decided to read this the right way lol The narrator made this story and I'm so glad I convinced my library to get this one!
     I also loved Alosa and how strong she was. There were so many instances I thought it was all over, but she always outsmarted everyone. I also loved how she kick ass she was. She could fight and she was still beautiful. I loved that. And then her crew were all female too? I really loved that. I'm not sure I have ever read a book about a pirate. 
     Last but not least, I loved the fast-pace of the book. For it to basically be about her being kidnapped, I loved that there were still some surprises throughout the book. I can't wait to see what the next book has her do.
     The only thing I wasn't fond of was the way the entire synopsis told the entire book. I'm glad I didn't read it until after I finished the book this time, because it would have ruined it for me had I read it before. I like to know the surprises as they come, not have them be revealed before I even crack open the book. 
     This book was definitely something I wasn't expecting. Me and the book were off to a rocky start, but we came came together in the end. I'm so glad I decided to give this one a try again in the audio world. 
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , , ,