Partners in Crime by M. Andrews

e-Book, 199 pages
Release Date: September 5, 2017
Published by: M. Andrews
Read from: September 11-September 12, 2017
Gambling on Love, #3
Source: Bought
For fans of: Romance, New Adult, Contemporary, Tear-Jerkers, Sparkly Covers, 

     Hank's life was spiraling out of control. Booze, women and drugs ruled his world. He was headed down a dangerous path when a knock on the door turned his world around for the better. Now four years later the only parties Hank goes to are tea parties with his daughter Colby. Colby saved Hank from slipping into the darkness forever. Just when Hank thinks he has his life back on track, another knock on the door threatens to turn his life upside down.
     It was just another job interview was what Nora Cunningham thought when she knocked on the Ross' door. A live in nanny job was just what she needed to get out of living in her parent's basement and get herself out of the funk she had been living in after finding her boyfriend in bed with one of her best friends. What she didn't expect was Hank Ross, her sexy new boss. He's sweet and charming and a devoted father, but he has a dark side that intrigues Nora. Soon she finds herself falling for her new boss.
     The chemistry between Hank and Nora is explosive, but can Hank get over his fears of falling back into his old womanizing ways and give Nora the home she has been searching for? Can Nora convince Hank that it is possible for him to be a one woman man?


Between the covers!

*"This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than both YA and MG. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"  This book will contain strong language and explicit sexual scenes. Intended for adults 18 and up!  

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I have been waiting on this book for so long. And I have to say, for the amount of time I waited, I'm left feeling a little underwhelmed. 
     Hank has been staying away from women since his daughter was born. But now he needs a nanny to come in and help out while he's at work. In comes Nora who was just looking for another job. She becomes the nanny to Hank's daughter, and without either of them knowing, sparks begin to fly between the both of them. 
     Ok, so like I said, I've been waiting for this forever. But for as long as I've waited, I just feel like it should have been more to it. (Especially for $3.99) It felt choppy and I kept thinking that I was swiping too hard and swiping too many pages at once. It just didn't flow as easily as the others in this series. 
     Then there was the characters. I loved them all, but I wish we knew more about them. This is the first time ever where I've said I wish there was more fluff. This book just didn't have enough. It was too cut and dry and to the point and missed out on connecting me with the characters. 
     However, even with all that, I did love the romance. I have always been a sucker for men in uniform romance stories and I've met Hank in the other stories, so I was happy to see him finally be happy in his own. I also loved the way prologue of the story. Although it felt unreasonable, it was still a fun little ending to the story. I hope we see more of them in the rest of the series. 
     It wasn't my favorite of the series (that spot still belongs to The Big Gamble) but I can honestly say I am still waiting on more of the series. I can't wait to see what else Andrews has in store for her other characters. I heard the series will be shortened, which is a disappointment, but still ok as long as we get a wrap-up from everyone lol 
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , ,