Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

e-Audio, 7.5 hours 
Release Date: October 10, 2017
Published by: Dutton Books for Young Readers
Read from: October 22-25, 2017
Stand-alone
Source:  Library (Overdrive)  
For fans of: Contemporary, NeuroDiversity, Realistic Fiction, YA


     Sixteen-year-old Aza never intended to pursue the mystery of fugitive billionaire Russell Pickett, but there’s a hundred-thousand-dollar reward at stake and her Best and Most Fearless Friend, Daisy, is eager to investigate. So together, they navigate the short distance and broad divides that separate them from Russell Pickett’s son, Davis.
     Aza is trying. She is trying to be a good daughter, a good friend, a good student, and maybe even a good detective, while also living within the ever-tightening spiral of her own thoughts.
In his long-awaited return, John Green, the acclaimed, award-winning author of      Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars, shares Aza’s story with shattering, unflinching clarity in this brilliant novel of love, resilience, and the power of lifelong friendship.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     John Green and his novels are always a hit or miss for me. The only one that was a real hit was The Fault in Our Stars. Until this one that is.
     I was a bit iffy about this one beause I had heard it was about OCD and anxiety. Both of which I have. I was really worried about the way both would be portrayed. Fortunately, it felt like an accurate to me. Now I'm not as intense as Aza, but my thought spirals have the same feel as hers and they come on when I least want them to. I could definitely understand where she was coming from.
     Besides connecting with her, I LOVED how awesome she is. She was such a good person at the same time as battling her demons. It made me feel so bad for her, but at the same time I felt proud of her as well. I also loved Daisy, the comedic relief. Let me just say, I got a lot of strange looks when I burst out laughing in the middle of my quiet workroom after the "Giant Baby" scene lmao I loved seeing what the two of them were doing and how they got along together.
     Then there was the romance. Oh the feels. In true John Green fashion my heart was split in two, put together again, broken, and put back together again. I can't say anymore than that without spoiling it for everyone, but just know that if you're like me, it will fill up your feels and they will spill over your face.
     I haven't loved many of John Green's books, but this one touched me like no other one has. I really loved learning Aza's journey and seeing how others tackle these things that so many people go through.
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , ,